funeral homes in Eatonville, WA

Paperwork Required by a Funeral Home or Cremation Provider

When you have suffered a loss, it is critical to make funerary arrangements during this difficult time and to know exactly what paperwork you will need to present to the funeral home or cremation provider. To ensure that everything is done legally and correctly, you will need to give several different items to the funeral homes in Eatonville, WA.

Gather the following documents to ensure a smooth transition.

The death certificate is the first and most important document you will need to provide the funeral home, as well as many other services as you make arrangements. These certificates can be issued by a coroner, emergency medical technician, nurse, doctor, or hospice worker. It is recommended that you obtain at least twenty copies because the majority of the legal processes you will need to complete following the death of a loved one will require proof of death.

You will also require the employer identification number. This number will allow you to deal with the deceased’s estate. This number is critical for people who rely on the estate to pay for funeral expenses. Speak with an attorney about becoming the executor of the estate to obtain this number.

The remainder of the paperwork can be found among the deceased’s legal documents. You’ll need to bring some form of identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, social security card, or any other legal photo ID. Keep in mind that some procedures may necessitate more than one form of identification.

The wills follow. If your loved one specified what they wanted to be done with their estate or personal property, you must follow their wishes. You may need to hire an attorney for this, but some people prefer to do it themselves. Check for financial information, such as bond or stock paperwork, bank statements, brokerage information, life insurance policies, pension documents, accounts payable on death, and income tax returns. If you are in charge of putting the deceased’s financial affairs in order, you will need all of this information.

Determine whether your loved one purchased a cemetery plot before death and where you can find proof of ownership. Your funeral director can contact the cemetery to inquire about ownership. This ensures that your loved one is laid to rest in the place of their choosing. If a monument or headstone has already been purchased, the funeral home can assist you in finishing the engraving or purchasing a new headstone.

Bills should also be considered. You’ll need access to online accounts, especially if you’ve set up automated payments for things like mortgages or credit cards. All of this should be included in the financial records, but if not, consult an attorney.

Please keep in mind that you will need copies of marriage or divorce records, as well as any amendments, to process your loved one’s finances.funeral homes in Eatonville, WA

You must also locate or obtain a copy of your loved one’s original birth certificate. It is one of the documents that a funeral home requires.

Having all of the necessary paperwork in order as soon as someone dies is the best way to ensure that all of the funeral arrangements are completed efficiently. If you are unsure how to proceed, the funeral homes in Eatonville, WA will be able to assist you. Begin by contacting us or coming by the office.